There has been a new parody of a children’s picture book being published this summer called GTFTS. It has all the sweet illustrations and baby animals you would expect in a bedtime book, but the message of it is pure frustrated parent. I know the parents reading this blog would never use this kind of language with your children. But I would bet more than one of you would think it!
Me? I used to sing my babies to sleep with songs from the Rocky Horror Show….
At any rate, here are several links to stories about GTFTS, how it was promoted online, and even a link to a free download of Mr. Samuel L. Jackson reading the book.
(If you actually read or listen to all the material listed below, you will have taken a comprehensive look at modern publishing!)
- Go The [Expletive] To Sleep Rules Amazon’s Best-Sellers List
- Samuel Jackson reads GTFTS
- An interview with Adam Mansbach – Author of GTFTS
- There are a lot of publishers afraid of books showing up online which will lead to people not paying money for them. In the case of GTFTS, it seems having the book leaked to the Internets has promoted sales of the book. You may be able to find a copy of the book online if you Google “go the f to sleep PDF.”
- Video of Werner Herzog reading GTFTS
(And, yes, I know some of this is a rerun from an earlier post.)