I’m going to be talking to a business class about media coverage of the health care debate tonight. Most of the figures I’ll be using come from two Pew Foundation reports:
- What Americans Learned from the Media about the Health Care Debate (6/19/12)
- Six Things to Know About Health Care Coverage (6/21/10)
Here’s some video I’m going to be sharing with them.
- Debate over health care reform was an interesting and exciting story
Health care town hall from August 2009
- Politicians knew how to grab attention from the news media
Congressman Alan Grayson knocks it out with C-SPAN coverage of speech on house floor. (But loses re-election)
- Rush Limbaugh got attention, too.
- Both Fox and CNN got Supreme Court decision wrong – for same reasons. Stephen Colbert explains – You suck at news!
You suck at news!”