- What do Americans know about their constitution?
Not much, according to a new survey by the Annenberg Public Policy Center. Good story from CNN’s Chis Cillizza. (Also, good analysis from the libertarian Volokh Conspiracy)
- 37% couldn’t name a single right protected by the First Amendment
- 33% can’t name a single branch of governement
- Only 26% could name all three branches of government
- Who are the most trusted sources of information for Americans?
According the Pew Research Center, that answer would be public libraries and librarians, health care providers, and family or friends.
- Are Juggalos being accused of being gang members because of fictional gang members in the 1979 cult classic “The Warriors”?
Just a theory of mine that may have no support whatsoever. At any rate, the ACLU is defending fans of the Insane Clown Posse.